It is not enough that visionary leaders facilitate the creation of vision, they have to create the capacity of the organization to close the gap between their current situation and the vision they are committed to achieving.
In every sport there is someone who coaches or mentors players. Every athlete has a coach and many, if not all, CEOs have a coach or mentor. The job of a coach is to continually see where the players are in comparison to where the team is committed to go, and to open possibilities for new actions to improve performance.
A critical component of the ERM Process is to develop the organizational competency to continuously coach to achieve the Breakaway Innovation® by:
- Learning to enhance and create distinctions that will open new possibilities for action and offer more powerful ways of interacting while improving performance
- Maintaining and developing internal coaching that will produce deep levels of cooperation and trust, more effective coordination of action that supports the creation of breakthroughs
- Monitoring and assessing the organization’s ability to have authentic conversations
- Providing powerful coaching tools that build deep trusting relationships that produce sustainable and continuous Breakaway Innovations®
- Celebrating breakthroughs that lead to Breakaway Innovation®